Dear Swampscott Families,
As many of you may already be aware, the Board of Health voted at Monday night’s meeting to recommend that the
schools go fully remote. With this recommendation in mind, along with many other conversations and consultations, the
district will move back to the remote model for ALL students PreK-12 beginning Monday, December 21st, 2020,
through Friday, January 8th, 2021.
● The Board of Health made this recommendation because the positive case numbers in our community are
climbing, as are the positive school-aged cases.
● We are receiving more requests from families who are requesting to switch to the remote model.
● With holiday gatherings, we have no oversight, and there will be unknown contacts and transmission.
● Travel plans – again, we have no oversight, and there will be unknown contacts and transmission.
● One week after the break will allow for almost a “requisite” quarantine to safely transition back to the hybrid
model and minimize risk.
● We plan to return to our current hybrid model on Monday, January 11th.
The district has created a COVID Data Dashboard that will be updated weekly.
Thank you in advance for your continued patience and flexibility in these unprecedented times.